Monday, July 4, 2011

This is the Day

Tonight was another amazing night spent in Uganda.  This definitely was a highlight of the trip because you could feel God’s enormous presence during the fellowship tonight.  Everyone is over here listening to God's calling on their lives.  They weren't afraid to say yes Lord, use me.   
    
We all matched, and Tori also wanted to be in the picture.

Sparklerssss.
My day started out with spending time with my 9 months- 2 years babies.  They are my favorite, and I absolutely love this age.  It also helps that my baby girl and favorite is in this area.  I don’t know how I’m going to leave her.  Esther is a whole post in herself.  After a normal day on the schedule complete with the toddlers and preschools dress up and dance day and laying out on the mat with my BC babies, all of the volunteers headed over to celebrate the 4th.  All 14 of us piled into our safari van and went to celebrate at a nearby missionaries’ house who were having a lot of people over to celebrate. 
Hope!
The Mat.
My baby Esther.


There were over 50 people there having a fun fellowship.  It just had a unique feel to it because we are in Uganda, but celebrating our love for America.   I love seeing missionaries with their families living over here.  It was complete with a bonfire which was used to roast hotdogs and marshmallows, and start the sparklers.  I played a little bit of American football with another volunteer and some of the guys also at the party.  We paid tribute to America by saying the Pledge of Allegiance and hearing the preamble be recited.  Of course, no 4th of July is complete without fireworks, and we had lots of CRAZY bottle rockets.  I know exactly why they’re illegal.  The American food was delicious, especially having chocolate cake and REAL packets of ketchup from Sonic.   Susan, who works at Amani was in the African Children’s Choir and let me tell you this girl can sing and dance.  While someone else was playing the drums, she was helping me perfect how to dance Ugandan style. It is ALL about the hips.  I take it as a complement that multiple Ugandan women told me that I was good.  I think that’s the biggest complement I can get.  It is SOOOO much fun.  The whole ride home was spent in fellowship with all my sisters in Christ.  We had such an amazing time singing together and praising the Lord.  We sang so many songs, and it was just beautiful with the African Breeze flowing into the van.  My favorite was singing This is the Day African Style with many, many verses.   

The grill and food tables.
Some of the people and the bonfire.

The director at Amani's daughter, Diana.
We made it back to Amani and helped all the Mamas fold the laundry pile.  I have this thing for laundry, and find it very calming and relaxing to do.  I really do love doing that.  It is so nice just sitting and having a conversation with each other and all signing together while doing laundry.  There is no TV to watch, no game to play, no phone to text or talk on, and no computer to mess with.

  

Now, all of us are just hanging out together.  I’ve realized since coming here and preparing for my trip how much all of my relationships built on Christ mean to me.  Our lives our centered around the same purpose, and it is a beautiful thing.  We instantly have a bond.  I know each of these girls at Amani will be there with me for forever, and I can’t wait to spend eternity with them too.  I'm definitely going to be sad to leave all of them next week. Time has flown by WAY too fast.  God bless America!  Hope all of y'all have a blessed 4th of July!

My loves!  Natalie and Hannah


This is the day, this is the day
That the LORD has made
Let us rejoice, let us rejoice
And be glad in it
This is the day that the Lord has made,
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day that the LORD has made.
 (Followed by many different verses)

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment