Monday, July 4, 2011

Faithful.

God is faithful.  I’ve been talking with people about my future, and subconsciously I guess I’m freaking out.  I informed people that it is honestly all in his hands, and I have no idea what he has in store. The plan right now is medical school, but I don’t know if I can be away from Uganda and my baby lovies that long.  He reminded me to truly trust that it is in his hands.  He know the plans he has for me, and I'm going to walk in his way even if that means being apart from my babies that long.  He reminded me so quickly in fact.  I read my devotion for the night, and this is what it said. (Allison, this is perfect for you too.)
Such Beauty.

  Psalm 32:10 “He who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.” 

At times, God requires a season of waiting before he sends his blessing. Then trust becomes your greatest asset.  If you don’t trust God, you will cry out in fear and panic.  At one point, during a storm on the Sea of Galilee, the disciples thought they would perish.  But Jesus commanded the wind and waves to be still.  He taught these men how to trust Him even in the most tempestuous of circumstances, and He is teaching you to watch and wait for His outstretched arm.
 –Charles Stanley    Into his presence
Ruthieee!


Alan.

Oh Lord, this is also what I needed to hear since I’ll be leaving my 2 baby girls here unfortunately.  We will be too far apart for too long.  This past Saturday, I was able to go again to Canaan’s to see my boys and Liti there.  I love that the children are now beginning to recognize me.  It’s a good thing I’ll be coming back to see their faces soon!  Right, Allison? :]]  God continues to amaze me, even with the small things.  I’ve never had to find a boda man to drive me back to Amani.  Each week, he amazes me with providing a person or group who is heading that direction and taking me back. 

Love that smile and the giggle that went along with this picture.

Beautiful Honor.
Surika.
strutting on the runway.

My precious girl.

Mom and Dad, this is Josiah.
I found a picture on my camera that one of the boys had taken.

Right after she woke up.

This week there was a team from Stony Point Church from Richmond, VA who were staying in the guest house at Amani.   I love to see the body of Christ in Action, especially a church that gets “defend the cause of the orphan.”  Each one of the team members was so inviting, friendly, and hospitably.  I love that many of them were older.  (white hair)  Some of them had been coming to Canaan’s for over 7 years, and many of them have even sponsored the older boys for 12 years.  It was so neat to see everything the church has done for Caanan’s including helping them run the sponsorship program, financially, and teaching them to help document where money is spent.  They also contact nearby hospitals in Virginia and bring cargos full of supplies all donated to Canaan’s Health Clinic and the Children’s Hospital in Jinja.  This is exactly what the Church should look like.  They told me that they were headed to main street, and that there is always room in the van.  We rode back into town, and come to find out they were 1st going to place their dinner order at the restaurant right across the street from Amani.  How crazy is God!!! HE ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS PROVIDES!   
Some of the people at Stony Point.
They were up there on stage with their children they sponsor.

MARVIN.
[Mom and Dad,
Aren't you in LOVE with this boy because I am.
Can't wait to tell him you're his sponsors!]

My boys were doing well, and so were all the children.  I love getting all their hugs, and just sitting with them.  All of the youngest children had gotten their heads shaved.  My little Liti is a bald beauty mixed with a spunky personality and an adorable wrinkly nose when she laughs.  What do you think?  And how am I suppose to leave this face?  

My bald headed beauty.


I do know that I believe in a God who is faithful, and is the only person who can help mend my heart.  I'm going to have to depend on him more than ever before.  Right now, I'm just going to savor the last week I'm here, and LOVE so deep deep, so down down, deep down in my heart.    


Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 55:22

Okay, I know I might be biased, but don't I just belong.

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
1 Corinthians 1:9

My boys and little bit.
Our little family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lindsay, I love you so much!

    You are so right. That devo is perfect for us. I can't wait to talk to you a ton when you get home.

    the part about "coming back to see their faces soon": um YESSSSSS!!!! soon soon soon.

    AAAAHHHH!!! Liti in my pink jeweled sunglasses!! How adorable! She loved them, huh?!

    I am praying for the best last week for you. Coming "home" will be soooo hard, but we will be back, and I know what it's like, so that will be helpful, too.

    LOVE YOU!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete