Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Learning Everyday.

I went to the clinic today with 3 of the children with HIV at Amani. Lets just say I took patience to a whole other level with God right at my side.  We are talking hourssss of just waiting.  I have a whole new respect for waiting to see the doctor even though it might be a pain.  You would be amazed at how patient EVERYONE was too; no rude people.  You HAVE to wait, and everyone just accepts thats, sits, and chats with each other.  You have no choice, but to sit and wait.  Plus to make things better, there really wasn't an orderly system.  There were no tvs, no toys, no snacks, and the only cries were by the little ones getting their blood drawn.

All BOY and has such a sweet side, and absolutely loves babies.








 I can say that baby fever is the same everywhere. Everyone wanted to see the teeny tiny peanut I had in my arms, and just the fact that there was a mzungu in the room was another experience.  I'm definitely use to feeling like I'm an animal in the zoo.


Babyyy.
His eyes and cheeks melt my heart.


I wish I could've talked with the Doctor a bit, but there were so many people just waiting that I didn't.  However, there is a great need, and the hospital feel mixed with Uganda, children, and a baby snuggled in my arms just felt right.  I loved every minute that I was there.   


Beautiful.
I love his eyelashes.

    The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.
Psalm 145:18-19


PS.
I didn't take any pictures either.  It would've been awkward since all 60 eyes times 2 were on me.  Maybe next time.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment