Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peace.

Oh the peace in Africa.  I love every single thing about Uganda; the sights, the smells, and the relaxing mode everything is done in.  There is no rush to get things done.  They genuinely savor every moment they have together.  Last night, we had a bonfire with the toddlers and preschoolers.  Some of the mamas and their families joined as well.  They had delicious fruit cut up for us and amazinggggg rolexs.  They are chapati with egg, tomato, cabbage, onions, and green peppers rolled inside.  Let me tell you, they are SO good.  So while the little ones were gazing in awe and roasting marshmallows, a couple of the volunteers and I were learning how to make chapati and how to roll it out.  Yeahhhh….it was a good effort, but it was hard cooking by candlelight, and I need more practice. 

Everything was just amazing.  Laughter was all around and everyone played a part in helping make the rolexes.  The night was so peaceful and all of them were just savoring the time together.  I think my favorite part by far tonight was when they all started to sing Ugandan songs, while I was trying to roll out my chipati.   It was absolutely beautiful.  One of the girls kept saying, "It just feels like Africa," and it did.  It was exactly what I needed, a peaceful, quite evening that I could just relax and reflect on God’s goodness.  He continues to remind me to not be in a rush everywhere I go.  Back home, everything is about getting it done as quick as possible, and I’m definitely guilty with that as I’m always on a mission and walking with a purpose.  It takes a lot for me to quit my mind and just sit and listen to the Lord. 
Horrible Faces, but making chapati

Here are some pictures from lately.  I’m in love with this little baby girl, E. She just got here 2 months ago and is finally starting to get a belly on her.  She’s absolutely precious, and I adore her snorting laughter with her 2 bottom teeth.  She is by far the calmest out of all the other little ones, so she usually is last because she is patient enough to wait and doesn’t usually cry, unless I put her down of course.  She gets these big puppy dog eyes, followed by the lips that are also adorable.   Her snorty laughter just gets to me.  Whenever she sees me, she lets out this little screech and claps her hands and it is completely precious.  I’m taking her today for 1 on 1 time, and I cannot wait.  Yesterday, she also helped me take down the laundry from the line.  Absolutely precious.      


Last Saturday, I was also able to go and visit all my babies at Canaan’s Children’s Home again.  Oh, how I’ve missed that place, and I’ve only been gone one week.   My next blog post was supposed to be about our trip when we met them, but the campfire taught me so much.  I left just sitting and reflecting on everything the Lord has given me.  He reminds me that I am a “mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” (James 4:14)  He’s right, I “do not even know what will happen tomorrow,” but I do know that he has the whole world in his hands.  This life is only a small dot in the life I’m going to live, and I don’t know about you, but I want to live the majority of my life in eternity with the King.      

 “God is not the author of confusion, but of peace.” -1 Corinthians 14:33

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” –John 14:27


Jotham.
Love my boyyy.

I love the surprise pictures my boys leave me with.
Richard.

Favor.


Marvinnnn.


My Liti baby.
Pictures are taking foreverrrrr. I'll try to fix this tomorrow.
Not sure what happened.


Some of the children at Canaan's and some of the other volunteers at Amani

He has plans for me, even if I get frustrated with his plans for me.  Sometimes I wonder why things happen, but I know that his provision is over everything.  He knows what part he wants me to play in his story, if I say, “YES.”  He gives me peace even when I don’t understand because he IS the Prince of Peace.     I challenge you to take time this next week and just seek the Lord’s guidance.  Listen for a change and let him fill you up.  Our God is rarely early, but never late.  He’s always there.  Take this week and just slow down and savor each moment you have with your family and friends. 

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33


When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

  Love from deep down in my heart,  

PS. I'll add more pictures to this post later.  They are taking foreverrr to upload.  

No comments:

Post a Comment