Sunday, July 22, 2012

Yes, I'm a week behind.


Today I slept in since Saturday is our day off.  I really did everything I typically do, except I get to choose where I spend my time, and I get to catch up on sleep in the morning.  I walked out to the main room/the babies room and swooped one of them up for some morning cuddles.  I enjoyed holding Hope all throughout making and eating breakfast.  Boy, am I getting better each time with multitasking.  Then, after that was done one of the Mamas brought us up Ugandan pancakes.  They were delicious, and I decided that Miriam needed to try her first pancakes with Auntie.  She was sooooo precious eating them, and she enjoyed them.  She was in the snuggle mode, so we just cuddled for an hour or so.



I went and helped Mama get the girls in bed for nap time after their 1st bath of the day.  They get stuff everywhere during lunch time, so the babies have baths after lunch and dinner.   Then, I headed up to Canaan’s to see all of my loves!  I love showing up and surprising the kids because I can engage in their everyday lives and just be a normal person involved in their lives.  Each expression on the children’s face is priceless when they come running towards me upon hearing my arrival.  How blessed am I to see all these children many times now.  They had just had visitors from a mission team, so the kids were eating their sweeties given to them.  They had rearranged their room, so I got to find out where each kid sleeps.  Here, the kids grow up really fast, so it is good for each of them to have lots of cuddles and hugs.  I’m praying that I get to take a few of them to town for a special day.   I’m still trying to figure out how that will work. 

Eating with them in their dorm.
They were laughing and laughing that I was joining them to eat.

Auntie yinzee. Auntie yinzee.  Was said over and over again.  I love the songs that they learn and my heart melted each time they sang to me.  We ah (are) so appy (happy) to see awah (our) veestah (visitor)  My bodas did not tip over today!  Woohoo!

Liticia and Eddy
I came back laid on the grass with the little girls all over!  Jackie sure does know how to weasel her way into my lap and just throws herself down even if my lap is full.  Caroline has to be up close on my chest and Josephine and Jane will just lay there heads down on my lap.  I helped the mamas put the girls to bed .   9 months to  a year and a half is definitely my favorite age by far.  Their personalities just blossom, and they are learning so much. 

Tina hanging out.


The snuggler.
For dinner, I got a rolex!  My absolute favorite Ugandan meal.  While I was waiting for my food, I  got to spend time wiith Susan and one of the Mama’s again.  All of the babies, were screaming, so I grabbed little Tina and held and loved her.  The babies are spoiled because we do hold them a lot during the day when we are here, but that’s what we are here for to love and love and love and to learn more about God’s everlasting and endless love.


The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
Psalm 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment