Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 3


*Bad internet and weekend in western Uganda, but I'm back and hopefully the internet will cooperate at some point. *
This was also written earlier.  


It’s funny how the devil works trying to put so much doubt into your head.  I can say that I did not miss home at all today.  This is exactly where the Lord wants me to be.  Loving on the orphan, who God has a special call for and commands everyone to play a part in helping against them.  He really does comfort your heart. God is good. I’m trying to honor him by watching my tongue, but that is easier over here.  My thoughts still fail though.

My morning started out by waking up to the screams of Isaiah.  He was not having a good morning and did not want to be put down.  I usually hold babies pretty constantly as they are only a room away from me and there always little bits needing some loving and attention.  This morning most of the volunteers left to go and visit Spring of Hope, but I stayed behind to help the mamas.  I had to step in and help teach the preschool this morning because the normal girls were gone.  I had the 3 year old group, and we finger painted.  I was actually impressed at how well they listened and followed directions for the most part.  We also played with playdo and reviewed some of the colors. 



Mary.

After I loved on my little chocolate man Judah.  Oh my goodness, with his baby fro, I could just eat him up.  He loves to be strong and shake his arms, and of course, his smiles every now and then, just reconfirm to me that this is exactly where God wants me.  Some people probably don’t think I’m doing much when I sit and take care of the children all day.  They won’t understand until God breaks your heart, and you realize he calls us all to play a role.  Once you know these children by name and face, you heart just changes and you know they each deserve this love and attention.  Never again, will you question if loving these children is important.  Think of if that was your child, laying on the ground not getting picked up for hours and crying.  Would you want someone to pick them up? That is exactly what the Lord thinks each time and that is also what he thinks about adoption.   “If they would just trust, I would provide. How much are you going to trust me?  How big do you really think I am because I can do anything.”  Plus, 15 screaming babies under 7 months is a lot for 2 mama’s.

I got to spend time with the girls, and Mama Lucy is so busy.  There are 11 between the ages of 9 months to 1 year.  Each of them have a completely different personality, but each will try to squeeze onto your lap, even though you don’t think there could possible me any more room. Bath time is always a production and someone has always peed through their cloth diaper and needs to be changed.  Right now in Uganda is Winter and is upper 70s and lower 80s without the sun.  Even though this seems like the perfect weather, you can find all the Ugandans wearing pants, long sleeves, and jackets to warm up.  Almost all of the children have horrible snotty noses and bad coughs.  I have never had a child projectile on me expect for little Jackie today.  Her snot spit-up shot out of nowhere, but that just added to the delicious orange Fanta spilt by Brian today on our outing, Justine’s su-su, and teenie weenie Josephinie’s snot.  This is just normal, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.   Who needs to have a clean dress on and to feel clean?  I feel like all mother’s have a new definition of what clean really means.      
2 of the 3 sets of girl twins.
Grace and Peace.

I got to have bedtime with the girls which is my absolute favorite.  After feeding Justine and getting all of them nakie, the Mama’s wash them while I dry and place on potties and then dress all the little ones.  While we wait for the 7 older girls to finish, I get to cuddle each girl one at a time and boy, are they snuggly now.  They gaze deep into my eyes, and I get to sing to them and tell them how much Jesus loves them.  I pray that the Lord has mighty plans for each little girl, and that he keeps them healthy and strong in the Lord.  That each of them know that they are loved and that their family be reunited with them quickly, so they do not have to live in an orphanage for long. 

Earlier in the day, while I was holding my little man Judah,  I held Isaiah the one who did not want to be put down.  He ended up falling asleep on me, and eventually finally drank some of his bottle while snuggled on my chest.  Desire was laying next to me, Judah was laying on my legs, and with one of my feet I was bouncing Tina.  Always full and always more love needed. 

 For dinner tonight we went to The Keep.  I believe they have the best chocolate milkshakes in the ENTIRE world!  We watched the Jinja Children’s Choir and Dance Group perform.  Of course, they were absolutely amazing and shake their cabinas like no there.  When you think they can’t go any faster, they take off shaking their thing.  They all just have joy radiating from their faces.  I wish children in American could appreciate dance more.  It is a free gift that God has given us.  Nothing, nothing, nothing, is like African drumming.  I could listen to them create beats all day long. 

Tonight, I gave 3 more of the mama’s their picture I took over Christmas break when I was here.  I had put their pictures in different colored frames I had.  It’s funny how something so simple can cause so much joy to their lives.  Their deep gratitude is something I hope to emulate when people give a gift to me.  All of the mama’s would exclaim many words in Ugandan and then say “ehhhh.”  I can already tell you, I pick up this habit more and more each time I come to Uganda.  Susan would translate what they would say to me, but 2 of them were moved to tears and to watch them look over and over and then gaze up at me.  Wow.

Jacob. So big and so smart now.
Right now, I’m sitting at the kitchen table with some of the mamas and Susan watching boxing.  It’s like the WWE, but I believe from Mexico.  Haha. So entertaining especially to watch their reactions.  In Uganda, everything has to be below the knee, and on this show the women are wearing those hoochie outfits like normal.  Heels and basically 2-piece swimsuits.  You should hear them exclaim over and over and babble in English and Lugandan.  They cannot believe that women would walk around and dance in nothing with their boobs hanging out, legs showing, and men watching.  These mamas are hilarious.  

I have a cyst that just appeared on my wrist.  It was tender before I left, but now it has ballooned into a good size cyst, so prayers that it goes away.  I’m not in pain, but it is a little bit tender. Also, a lot of volunteers and children have nasty colds so prayers that that goes away.  One of our little girls is on IVs because she had a 104 degre fever and she just arrived 4 days ago, so prayers for her as well.  




I the LORD do not change.  -Malachi 3:6

No comments:

Post a Comment