Monday, July 9, 2012

Discernment


Internet has not been working, and it is too slow to upload more pictures besides for one. 
Day 2:

Dear Lord,
I can already hear your gentle reminders that you knew had gotten away from me.  How can you be patient with someone over and over again?  Nevertheless, thank you for your grace.  Today my arms were always full, something you know I’ve missed for too long.  My arms were made for and need children.   I woke up 13 hours after going to bed, clearly I was more exhausted than I wanted to admit.  It seems that only in Uganda where my heart is so thirsty for the Lord is where crying babies, preschoolers singing, dogs howling, and chickens squawking all account for your beautiful creations to wake up too.  In America, I would never be at such peace to wake up to these sounds, but here my heart is changed depending solely on you.     

I can see your divine handiwork behind each person you placed here at Amani this summer.  There is a wonderful coordinator here named Helene.  Wow, is she one of your faithful servants.  She spoke so much wisdom into my life this evening during our volunteer bible study.  Thank you so much for our wonderful bible study and worship session.  How wonderful is your name.

Lord, I love your little man Judah.  What a beautiful tiny creation of yours.   He loves to be held, but of course he knew to cry for the right person because I was going to hold him even if that meant for over an hour when I needed to go to town.  Sometimes, it’s good to remember to just pause and savor the moment.  Things really are not that necessary to get done. I would not tried all those smiles and coos for anything.  All the other things that needed to get done can just wait for another day.   Thanks for your faithfulness and your ability to teach in every circumstance.

PS. Bedtime is my absolutely favorite and tonight with that little Grace.  Be still my heart.

Love your Princess,
Lindsay



During my time at Amani this time, I get to be with the girls.  There are 3 sets of twin girls and about 15 others older than 6 months.  Tomorrow, I’m temporarily taking over for someone and helping teach the 2 year old preschool class, which I’ve been told is an adventure.   Anything with Eric or Grace involved is always an adventure, so I’m sure they are telling the truth.

My Lesson from God of the Day:
Solomon prays for a discerning heart.  He doesn’t pray for a situation or things, but rather God gives him the ability to discern between right and wrong, good and evil.  God always has fun teaching me different things, so tonight when I was praying for different situations, he showed me this passage in 1 Kings.   The Lord is giving me an answer to my questions, but it is not by a blatant sign or a letter with instructions on it.  Instead, it is with the ability for me to use my judgment and wisdom that he has blessed me with.  Discernment is something that I usually choose to ignore when it is not the answer I want to hear.  But once again, Jesus reminds me to not follow the path my worldly flesh desires, but the path less followed for greater fulfillment.  Once again, being pruned is so hard, but it’s the slow steps along HIS path that make me fall in love again with my King. 

So for now, just enjoy this cute little thing.    
Mercy.  Yo chick she so thirsty.  
 Give me Jesus. Give me Jesus. Take this world from me, but give me Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment