Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Life in Tennessee

If you are new, I would suggest reading the first post by scrolling down the page a ways.  It's titled "The Beginning."  Hopefully when I get some free time over Spring Break, I'll be able to complete the different blog sections.    


I realized a lot of y'all don't really know about my school and what I've been up to lately down here, so I decided that I would let you see into my little bubble of life down here in Tennessee. 


Last weekend, I could hear the loud hollaring of monkeys all day.  It makes me so EXCITED to hear them because I know spring is coming, but this doesn't stop the bipolar weather of Memphis.  2 weeks ago, on our snow day, my Kappa Delta house looked like this




And now this weekend, It was over 70.  Crazy Memphis.  I'm a Biology Major and most likely a Religious Studies minor.  Embryology, Chemistry, Physics, and my Modern East Asia class keep me busy with school work.  I go to Rhodes College, and all of my professors for sure know how to keep me without free time, but I do find time to spend away from school and volunteering with children.  I started volunteer at The MED in Labor and Delivery, and it is absolutely amazing.  The first day I was there, I assisted in holding the legs of a lady while she gave birth to a baby boy.  It was such a beautiful process and moment. I will never forget it.  I could FEEL God's presence. 


My favorite place to volunteer is at Memphis Family Shelter.  Last year, my church helped support me to make tie-blankets for every mother and child there.  Right now, they are at max capacity and have more children than every before.  49 children and their mothers live in the Shelter.  I honestly have no idea how they do that because the facility is not that big.  As stressful as watching around 12 toddlers (give or take) by myself each Tuesday is, I absolutely adore each one of them and LOVE them sooooo much.  They definitely test my patience weekly, but it is oh so wonderful. 
This is the littlest one I have, she refuses to go anywhere but my room.  Tamia is quite the DIVA.

Dominique is suchhh a sweet boy.

Jakobi.  The cuddly little man.


Rashod will be an amazing football player when he grows up. 

Junae.  Don't let the smile fool you.

Oh some of my babies.

Lately I've had at least 10 toddlers, so this is from first semester
because, lately, they do not allot for picture time.


Track is going well.  We finished our indoor season and our outdoor meets start mid-March.  I love the track team down here too.  We also have this wierd tradition at out school that before you graduate you're suppose to "ride" the lynx statue on Campus, so last weekend I found myself fulfilling this tradition. 






Right before I left from Christmas break, I went and got my shots required for my trip to Africa.


Receiving the lovely shot.
I know these are not that great of pictures, but I wanted to document the occasion.






I've been SO overcome with God's grace as I hear about the support being sent in.  It makes me so grateful and so glad that I'm a daughter of the KING of KINGS.  Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  


Oh and just for fun, and since this is SO fitting to my personality, (My Mom and Dad are going to think I'm CRAZY for actually uploading this)  but I'm SO excited to hold some babies in these slings and learn the African sling way!







And plus, blogs with pictures are just better.  I edited the comments, so anyone should now be able to post a comment without creating a blogger account.

Loving and seeking my Christ with ever ounce of my soul. 
Lindsay

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his
life for us.  And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.  If 
anyone has material possessions and sees his borther in need 
but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with 
actions and in truth.  This then is how we know that we 
belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at
rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us."
-1 John 3:16-20



P.S  Look for God in everything you do this week.  Savor the small moments in each day and be JOYFUL always. 

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment