Friday, September 30, 2011

Broken.

I found this post that had just been in my drafts.  I had only uploaded pictures.  Allison arrived safely in Uganda!  Prayers for her, and that the holy spirit uses Allison to do mighty things!  When she gets enough time and power, I'm sure she will do a post!


I officially have my plane flights booked to leave on December  27th.  This the ONLY thing I wanted for Christmas.  Since, I've been back at school, I've had an EXTREMELY hard time adjusting back.  I see God's provision over everything though.  He is my rock to which I cling. 

Walking down to play futbol.


I honestly don't know what I would do without Allison.  I can't believe God would give me the gift of a best friend who gets me.  No words are needed between us because we just get each other.  I'm so humbled with the gift of friendship he gave us.  She comforted me especially during my rough weeks.

The boys like to take pictures, and I love this one.
Allison cuddling with Marvin, and I'm helping give Liti a bath.



I cannot remember a time that I've genuinely not felt happy and joyful, until a week ago at school.  I lost it. I just miss Uganda. 
 I miss the red dirt.
I miss the burning trash.
I miss being called "Auntie"
I miss worshipping in an African church.
I miss the African way of life.
I miss singing all the time.
I miss CHAPATI, rolexes, and fruitttt.
I miss all my friends I made who have amazing hearts for Christ.
I miss all the children.
I especially miss my baby girl, Esther.

I could go on and on in specific detail, which I 'm sure I will.
He has reminded me that HE knows the plans he has for me.  He will open doors.  I've been particularily stressing over medical school and wondering if God has it planned for me to go to medical school.  I just desire to follow HIS plan, which he will reveal right on time.

My heart is just broken and half of it is still in Uganda.  It will never be the same, but I'm trying to find a new normal while fiercely pursing Christ and watching God create a beautiful mosaic out of my shattered heart.
I loved all our dance parties and watching them dance.  

Mama Lindsay, Mama Lindsay, Mama Lindsay 
We dance for you.

(What the little children would sing to me. 
 I miss their angelic voices.)



The neighbor children that are always watching through the fence.


In the fear of the LORD there is strong confidence, 
and His children will have a place of refuge.
Proverbs 14"26

Great is the LORD, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.
Psalm 147:5

Love his smile.

SO sweet.






Adorable Marvin.


He makes me laugh so hard.  
I easily have 100 pictures of Richard by himself.




We LOVED picking up the random children on the streets.
 I'm definitely going to miss that in America.


So sassy.


I LOVE them.

Pictures are all from one of my days at Canaan's. 

Love from Memphis,

2 comments:

  1. Your words were so beautiful about God making a mosaic of your shattered heart...I pray for you, my beautiful daughter, that God will guide your path. Know I will always, always love you Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is the nice post your are sharing with this world .I like this post.

    ReplyDelete