Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bows and White Handkerchiefs

Sorry that I have been MIA for a while now.  School and track have definitely been keeping me very busy.  So far, we have had 2 conference calls for our Visiting Orphans portion of the trip!  I am beyond excited to see see God's provision already over this entire trip. This week we found out our itinerary, and I'm SO excited.  I can't wait to have my feet be touching the red Ugandan dirt.  


One thing that our group has chosen to bring are Bows for the beautiful Ugandan Princesses!   If you watch this video below, our group leader Kari did this on her mission trip to Ethiopia, and it was a huge success.   We would love if you would be willing to make bows and send them to me, so I can take them over to Uganda!

Kari also has a detailed blog post about how exactly to make them and any other questions your could have.  You can check it out my clicking on this link:
http://mycrazyadoption.org/?s=bows&x=0&y=0
because who wouldn't want to crown beauties like these and show them that they are loved by the KING of ALL KINGS?

Also, our group is collecting new white handkerchiefs for a healing therapy at one of the places we will be visiting.  I'll write a blog post on that soon, and share with all of you our schedule for our first 2 weeks in Uganda!  Amani Baby Cottage, the orphanage I'll be staying after the Visting Orphans portion, is also registered at Target, (under Amani Baby Cottage) so if that is convenient for you,  I would be SO blessed.  

Thanks again for joining me on this life changing journey and for praying for me.  If any of you have any questions just email me at lsvehla@yahoo.com and I will email that to you.  Please send them to my Nebraska home!  Hope God is moving mountains and leading you through life.  Praise always to my rock and KING.  

14506 S 23rd. St.
Bellevue, NE 68123

LOVE IN CHRIST,
Lindsay

"God told Abram: 'Leave your country, your family, and you father's home for a land that I will show you...  You'll be a blessing.'" -Genesis 12"1-2


"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen."  -Philippians 4:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment